Croatia: Albina wins Dora 2021 and will fly to Rotterdam
This evening took place the Croatian national final, Dora 2021, which Albina won earning the right to represent the nation at Eurovision 2021 with her song Tick-Tock.
Dora was held for the 22nd time, and the third in a row is at the Marino Cvetković hall in Opatija, this time, unfortunately, without an audience, under strict epidemiological measures, but with four female hosts that presenting us a spectacular show. Namely, Daniela Trbović, Barbara Kolar, Jelena Lešić and Doris Pinčić had the honor to host this evening's the show.
The Croatian broadcaster, HRT, decided to hold a national final after last year's Eurovision cancellation and not to invite internally Damir Kedzo back for Rotterdam. After receiving 140 entries, a jury of experts came down to 14 acts that competed in this evening's final in the following running order:
1. Nina Kraljić- Rijeka (H. Librenjak – Miki Solus / N. Kraljić)
2. Eric- Reci Mi (E. Vidović)
3. Ella Orešković- Come this way (S. Reljić Simba – E. Orešković)
4. Bernarda- Colors ( (B. Georgiev Milanov / B. Brunović)
5. Sandi Cenov- Kriv (S. Reljić Simba – Fayo)
6. Toma- Ocean of love (A. Pupavac / A. Bjorkman / K. Persson / T. Marić – A. Pupavac)
7. Filip Rudan- Blind (F. Rudan / A. Franić / H. Domazet – F. Rudan / A. Franić)
8. Beta Sudar- Ma Zamisli (P. Martinjak)
9. Cambi- Zaljubljen (M. Mirković)
10. Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić- Share the love (I. Škunca – A. Colburn / I. Škunca)
11. Brigita Vuco- Noci Pijane (B. Vuco)
12. Mia Negovetić- She’s like a dream (M. Negovetić / L. Deb / D. Jamm / D. Kertes)
13. Albina- Tick-tock (B. Mihaljević – M. Cinnamon / T. Buklijaš Bakić)
14. Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski- Zapjevaj, Sloboda Je! (K. Rahimovski)
The final scoreboard and results were determined by adding up the points of the judging panels (jury) and voting of the spectators via phone calls and SMS messages (televoting). A total of 1160 points are at stake with each voting body have a 50% share on the final outcome.
This is how the the scoreboard developed once the jury votes were counted:
Following the jury results, the points from the televoting were added in with the the final scoreboard turning out as below:
Albina topped both jury voting and televoting and will represent Croatia at the 65th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam next May.
The country is set to compete in the first semi final on May 18, 2021 in Rotterdam.
A few words for Albina
Albina Grčić, known professionally by the mononym Albina, is a Croatian singer who grew up in a musical family and went to music school at eight-years-old. She learned to play the piano in music school, and participated in musicals. She began her career after participating in December 2019, in season three of The Voice Hrvatska where she finished third.
Previously Albina Grčić auditioned for the second season of X Factor Adria in Belgrade, Serbia by singing "Ako izgubim te ja" by Oliver Dragojević. Advancing to the next round, the production decided to form a girl group with Grčić as a member. She declined the offer and ended her participation at the show.
Immediately after coming third on The Voice, Grčić was signed to a record deal with Universal Music Croatia. On 16 October 2020 her debut single, "Imuna na strah", was released.
Below you can watch Albina's winning performance of "Tick- Tock" :
News Source/Image: HRT