Czechia: Aiko wins national final and is off to Malmö!

Czechia: Aiko wins national final and is off to Malmö!
Wednesday, 13 December 2023

  • Aiko is the winner of the Czech national final . ESCZ 2024 and will be flying the flag in Malmö at Eurovision 2024. 

    Following last week's televised national final show at Roxy Club, where the 7 candidates performed live their potential Eurovision entries, and online voting opened for a a week via a special app. 

    The outcome of the result was determined 30% by thre Czech public vote and the rest 70% by the international online voting. 

    Aiko was the artist to top both bodies of voting winning the golden ticket to Eurovision 2024 with her song ‘Pedestal‘.

    Here are the analytical national final results: 

     

    Czech public vote (30%): 

    czech voting escz24

     

    International voting (70%)

    International jury escz24

     

    Overall final result

    escz 2024 results

    Combining the two votings Aiko was the overall winner with Pedestal will be representing Czechia at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo, Sweden. 

     

    Czech Republic in Eurovision

    Czech Republic appeared for the first time in the Contest in 2007 with  Kabat. A a row of disappointing results the country withdrew in 2010 and didn’t return until 2016. In 2016 its return was followed by a grand final qualification for the first time . The best result came for the country in 2018 with  Mikolas Josef who achieved a top 10 placing by finishing  6th , in  Lisbon with his entry Lie to me.

    In 2022 'We are Domi' won the national selection and went off to Turin representing the country with their song 'Lights off'. They came  4th in Semi-Final Two winning the ticket to the Grand final where they finished in 22nd place receiving 38 points.

    This year Vesna finished 10th in the final of Eurovision 2023 with their song “My Sister’s Crown”

     

    Listen on www.eurofansradio.com all the recent and past Eurovision entries from Czechia. 

     

    News Source: ESCZofficial instagram

    Cover photo: Aikomakesmusic/spitify - Images: ESCZodffcial instagram

     

     

AUTHORS